All presenters at JALT PANSIG2016 will be invited to submit a paper based on their presentation for publication in the 2016 PanSIG 2016 Journal. All submissions should be made through the submissions page.
In the same way that the presentations were vetted prior to the conference, the conference papers will also be subjected to peer review. Publication in the 2016 PanSIG Journal qualifies as a refereed publication. We would therefore like to encourage all presenters to submit a paper.
Deadline for submission: Monday, August 1st, 2016.
- Your paper should be no longer than the word count of 3000 words, including references.
- Forum presenters can submit a paper as a group or individually. If forum presenters are submitting individually the topic of the individual papers must be different enough to warrant individual submissions. Please contact the proceedings editors if you have any questions.
- Follow the PanSig Publications Style Sheet. This can be found here: pansigjournal.org/syle-guide/
- Submit your text as a Word file with tables and figures attached in the manner described in the Style Sheet.
- Ask a friend or colleague to check your paper before you submit it. You should use their comments to improve your work, and your reader will be able to identify any errors which may exist.
- Papers submitted to the 2016 PanSIG Journal must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All manuscripts are first reviewed by an editor to ensure they comply with JALT Guidelines. Those considered for publication will then be subject to blind review by at least two readers. Initial results of reviews to be announced by October 31st, 2016.
Submission of Materials
Please make sure you submit the following things when you submit your article:
- One copy of the manuscript with all graphics, charts, and tables included or clearly indicated and all names and identifying information removed. This is your primary upload file and will be sent to the peer reviewers to evaluate your paper.
- One complete copy of your paper with author names and affiliations included.
- All the figures you have used in your paper in their native format (e.g., Excel, jpg, png) as separate, clearly labeled files, to be uploaded as supplementary files.
- The primary author of your paper must complete the copyright form and upload it or post it to the editors before we can proceed with any submission.
Please note that due to the large number of papers to be processed, incomplete submissions (e.g., lacking translated abstracts or necessary graphics), incorrectly formatted submissions (see the style guide for instructions about how to format your submission), or excessively long papers will NOT be considered for inclusion. More detailed instructions about the submission process can be found here.
Receipt of your submission will be acknowledged within one week of sending it.
Selection and Editing Procedure
Once your paper has been received, it will be given an initial review by the editors. Each paper that is judged as being suitable for possible publication is sent to two Reading Committee members for review. These readers will receive blind papers (i.e.,your name and personal information will be removed prior to sending). Papers that are positively reviewed will be assigned an editor to work with on any editing, rewriting, or correction of papers. The selection of papers will be based on feedback from both the reading committee and the editors . Successful writers will be notified and will have a final opportunity to tweak their papers. Articles will be sent out for proofing and layout, after which writers and editors will complete a final check.
The target publishing date of the 2016 PanSIG Journal is April 2017.
Questions about the proceedings may be sent to the Editor at this address: email@example.com
15th annual PanSIG Proceedings Editor